Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Me and my sis....

I have started to rummage through my things in preparation for the move East and ran across these photos. This is my older sister (and my only sibling), Pam. She is about six years older (or should I say I'm six years younger?). The age difference seemed vast when we were kids, especially when I wanted to hang out in her room--her things were much "cooler" than mine. She had a stereo with Larry Gatlin and Barry Manilow records. I had a record player with a record of Kermit the Frog singing "Rainbow Connection." (I can still sing every word, by the way).

We're a little bit older now. Pam has two beautiful daughters and a wonderful husband. She recently was promoted to Nursing Manager for a group of doctors in Joplin. I'm really proud of her!


This pictures was taken at home in Iowa Park, Texas. This was probably around 1973 or 1974. See how innocent I look?


It had been quite a few years since Pam and I had a studio picture taken together. We decided to have this one made for Mother's Day. I believe this was taken around 1995. Check out that snazzy tie!


This picture is the most recent (it was taken in the last four years--since I've lived in California). I recall this photo session very well. We had a really good laugh, as we usually do when we're together.
That's it for today--thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Thanks for the walk down "memory lane"! We need a new picture!

4man42 said...

Steve, I loved this post! I especially like your hair in the latest picture! Just so you know, your Dad and I are so proud of both of you!

Mom