Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sunday, August 10, 2014 . . . A Walking I Shall Go!

Tomorrow is Monday, a perfect "reboot" day.   So after a rocky start with my bike and all, I am focusing on plan B, which is a daily walk of some kind.  Fortunately, I have a willing walking partner (except on rainy days).  The only trouble is that he becomes over-excited when other dogs are present (either in the window or back yard) and walking becomes anything but relaxing or renewing.  





Hard to believe a face like that could be so much trouble!  So, I will take Duke for a stroll around the long block before dropping him off to finish my walk. I have to start with him because he's always "onto" me when I start to put on my tennis shoes--he starts the tail wagging whimper show, racing to the door everytime I move.  

I'm posting what is going to become one of my "before" photos.  Nothing motivates a person like confronting a picture of what one REALLY looks like.  An amazing thing is that filter that allows each of us to view ourselves in the mirror with our illusion-filter of what is really there. As I gaze in the mirror, thoughts float through my mind like, "My gut isn't THAT big."  "This shirt with horizontal strips actually makes me look THINNER."   How startling it is when the veil of self-delusion is lifted!



So there it is...more of the ugly I promised.  The good news is that it will only get better from here!  One quick observation before I close: how appropriate that my before pic is sitting on a motorcycle.  It reminds me that this is a new trip--a new journey, which begins with the first step.  First thing in the morning.  Reboot Monday.




No comments: