Monday, August 11, 2014

Monday, August 11, 2014 . . . Rain, rain, rain, rain...


The life lesson of "get it done now" should have been learned well enough to realize that I should have put on my walking shoes first thing this morning because it looked VERY rainy!  I didn't, instead thinking that I would walk at lunchtime.  At about 9:00 o'clock this morning, the heavens opened and "let loose" buckets of rain for most of the day.  I ventured out to Kroger at around 5:30 thinking it HAD to be nearly finished.  I mean, how much could it rain?  Wicked.  That's how I would describe it.  Cars were stranded on Hines drive and most streets had rivers running down each side forcing cars to use the middle lanes.  

Am I relieved that I was able to legitimize my not getting to walk?  Not really.  Sort of.  Well.   I truly had intentions of going at noon and it was truly pouring outside.  And as I sit here and type this, I am realizing that the rain has stopped (for almost an hour now).  So, why am I still sitting here?  Could I still salvage my exercise time?  

Hmm.......
Well.......
I guess.............

GRRR!  Let's get 'er done!

No comments: